Re: [LUG] OT: Mobile phone recommendations

No firmware updates? Are you running the Nokia firmware or the network-branded frimware? I had the N95 until recently - once the system ID number was changed from "N95 on 3UK" to "N95" then I started to get regular updates from Nokia. :-)

I still rate the Palm Pre on O2.

-- Sent from my Palm PrÄ

Simon Williams wrote:

Rob Beard wrote:
> Max Siegieda wrote:
>> Aye, I was looking for a new phone ideally on 3 (due to relatively
>> nice 3G data deals) with a qwerty keyboard, unfortunately they just
>> took my other choice (an LG GW520) off the site so i'm probably gonna
>> end up with that Nokia. If anyone has any suggestions then pray tell,
>> main reason for the 3G data deals was twitter access although i'm sure
>> I can find other uses too. The deal was top up by any amount (so Â5)
>> for 150MB data allowance which lasts 90 days. Â100 or less ideally.
> I would have said maybe the Nokia e71 if you can still get it, but then
> it will probably be over Â100.

Avoid Symbian at all costs. I've got the E90 *COMMUNICATOR*, the top
model business phone, and it's TERRIBLE. Buggy, clumsy, no firmware
updates for 8 months. It's got hardware specs better than a laptop I'm
using, yet it runs terribly slow and you can't do JACK with it.

As much as I hate Nokia now, the N900 looks very nice, but it's quite
expensive. I was surprised how cheap you can get Android phones- less
than Â150 in some places.