Re: [LUG] wol

On Mon, 2009-11-30 at 17:02 +0000, Rob Beard wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> This might be what you're looking for...
>
> http://tinyurl.com/ydtjxn7

Can't see anywhere in the description that it does wol on phy.

I need a card that does
        Supports Wake-on: pumbg
as reported by ethtool run as root (sudo ethtool eth0)
the p is for physical activity
most support
        Supports Wake-on: g
which requires the magic packet to be sent to wake the server up.

I guess someone must have done the research into which cards support
this and made a list but I cannot think of the search terms to find it.

This is something that could be useful in all sorts of cases where the
server is not left switched on all the time and is behind a firewall,
for example internet cafe, school or soho network.

Mark