Re: [LUG] OT: Mobile phone recommendations

On Mon, 2009-11-30 at 10:16 +0000, Gordon Henderson wrote:

> Forgot to say that wifey's just recently gotten a new Nokia N95 on Three
> for Â15 a month with a reasonable talk and data tarrif. The N95 is a bit
> old now, so I suspect Three are just giving away old stock, however it
> does seem like a nice little phone - she's using google maps, gps, etc. on
> it and backs it up to her WinXP desktop, but I don't know what the state
> of the art is for Nokia & Linux..

I had an N95 until it blew up a couple of months ago. It is a great
phone and since you asked, you can sync it to your Linux desktop using
Multisync. I was happily syncing between evolution and my N95 with no
trouble.

My N97 however is hateful and I can't get my contacts out of Evolution
onto it for love nor money.

Sophos Plc, The Pentagon, Abingdon Science Park, Abingdon, OX14 3YP, United Kingdom.
Company Reg No 2096520. VAT Reg No GB 348 3873 20.