Re: [LUG] Google Wave Invites?

On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 11:04:45 +0000
Grant Sewell <dcglug@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Grant,

> Surely that kinda goes against the ethos of "open source" though (or
> rather, of Free Software)? Who decides when it "is ready"?  I don't
> like carrot dangling - if you're going to "open source" something in
> the end, why not do it now?

Probably because they don't want a massive influx of people asking
questions like "How do I.....?", without doing even the most basic of
research themselves.  People here are far more tech savvy than that.

Plus, Google will want to maintain market share, and not be beaten at
their own game.  OTOH, it's probable that wave will have to rely on
something that only Google will be able to provide due to it being
server side, and closed source.

Am I being too cynical?

--
 Regards  _

Stained glass windows keep the cold outside
Religion - Public Image Ltd