Re: [LUG] Dual booting Debian and Ubuntu

On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 15:38:22 +0000
Philip Whateley <philip.whateley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Philip,

> Does that mean that the MBR will be moved to the Debian partition? I
> guess it doesn't matter too much, except that all the configuration

Not really, no.

> files on /home are for Ubuntu (I'm planning to create a separate folder
> for Debian and mount that as home to keep the configs separate), but I
> am interested in the way this works.

You can share /home, but as you suggest, use different user names for
Debian and Ubuntu to avoid any potential clashes, particularly of file
ownership.  The human readable names may match, but the underlying
numbers may not, which is what matters.  I found this one out the hard
way.   :-(

--
 Regards  _

You're only 29 got a lot to learn