Re: [LUG] Download meter for demon internet.

On Fri, 2009-11-27 at 20:11 +0000, james kilty wrote:

> Interesting, having the home office package I have never come across
> limits. My wife works from home and she also watches a lot of 4oD and
> BBC iplyer stuff and I also download distros and updates, After Hours
> (AH.fm) 2 hour shows and so on. I have never noticed any problem.
> James

Your not doing enough damage then ;)
Demon have a fully automated response system that will step out and
powerspank you for 30 days at only 128kbit maximum speed. A buddy of
mine fell foul of it a while ago. Despite calls to try and upgrade his
line he had to spend the full 30days being punished, they would allow
him to upgrade but apparently it wasn't possible to remove the limit
before that, I have little doubt they could, but they wouldn't. He is
now a Be customer as his exchange is adsl2 enabled, lucky so and so.

--
John Williams
My linux blog of notes and guides