[LUG] Segmentation fault - how should i fix this?

Hi

I have had a few boxes start to degrade be giving me a "Segmentation fault" errors while trying to use "vi" or "ls", these servers have been in constant use for around 3 years. i would like to repair the install to minimize downtime as other command tools seem to work OK.

I have reformatted and rebuilt in the past, but these servers wouldn't reboot due to this error.

I can't see why this is happening as they all have ECC RAM and are of high end build and are on good dual UPS feeds.

does any one else get these sort of problems?

Sorry i haven't been able to make the meetings for a while, I have been on a 4 day week so have been trying to reduce cost were ever i can.

Regards

Sam