[LUG] Where has this been? WasRe: grep and dreadful command line skills

James Fidell wrote:
Simon Waters wrote:

Sometimes I have to think whether a command is a bash built-in or not,
quite a few commands exist as files for compatibility, and as shell
built-in for performance, just to confuse the newbies.

My favourite of which is /usr/bin/[ (though I think on many releases of
UNIX it was /bin/[).

James

This, and a couple of my posts appear to have been walkabout for 27 hours - where werw they hiding?
Tom te tom te tom