Re: [LUG] Online photo printing

2009/11/24 Paul Hirst <paul.hirst@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> I'm using f-spot to manage all our photos and my better half has decided we
> should get a large selection of them printed. I assume doing this online is
> a good plan so I'm looking for some recommendations. Photo quality and price
> are obviously important but I really want to know if any companies make this
> easy from Linux and in particular from f-spot.

I have used both Tesco and Truprint for printing digital photos. Had
no problems with either. Bonus of Tesco is you can get them to print
them at your local store, so easy to pick up. Bonus with Truprint is
you don't have to go to a store to pick them up :)

I didnt upload directly with f-spot, but did use it to select the
photos I wanted, then export them to a folder. I then uploaded all in
that folder to the online printing service of my choice. I then
deleted the export folder, as it was no longer required.

> I'm also somewhat paranoid about google (or similar) owning all my data so I
> generally shy away from things like Picassa. Perhaps I'm becoming a fossil
> :-)

So it's okay for Tesco/Truprint/whoever to "own" (trollish, given they
don't 'own' your data at all), but not Google? Double standards?

Cheers,
Al.