Re: [LUG] setting up a mailing list

Hi Dave,

On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 12:51:58PM +0100, dave wrote:
> I need to set up a couple of mailing lists. What would people recommend?
> I have access to a linux server, but not root access. I would like people
> to be able to opt themselves in / out, but would like to limit membership
> to one list by invite only.
>
> Is mailman the best option?

I think so, but it will be very hard to run without root access.  If
you have co-operation of someone with root access then they could
for example implement some scheme whereby all mail for a given
domain is delivered to a set of aliases that you control.  But it's
a lot easier if you're the one with root access.

Cheers,
Andy

"What should one say after making love?  ``Thank you'' seems too much.
 ``I'm sorry'' - somehow not enough." -- The League Against Tedium