Re: [LUG] Speaking of cheap PCs... Google Chrome ...

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009, Rob Beard wrote:

Gordon Henderson wrote:

Has anyone installed/ported Google Chrome yet?

I have a small number of "thin client" PCs which boot off flash that I'm going to have a go at getting it to work on, if I have time... (Then sell them off cheap if anyone's intersted). They're 1GHz VIA processors with 1GB of RAM. They're returned from customers after upgrades, etc. so if I have time in the next month or so I'll see what I can do... (and what Chrome can do!)

But if anyones ported or installed chrome, I'd be intersted in their experiences. (This is the Linux based OS, not the browser!)

Cheers,

Gordon

I haven't tried it yet, I've been looking for an ISO image without any luck, saying that though I haven't extensively looked. There is a VMWare image available but it requires registration to get it, and I'm not that desperate to try it.

Are these thin client machines self contained units, or are they MiniITX machines?

They are these:

http://linitx.com/viewproduct.php?prodid=12008

Essentially a miniITX in a nice box. I used them for PBXs for a while. Had a few come back with intermittent faults which I'm not able to reproduce here )-: and a few which have been upgraded to a bigger box.

Gordon