Re: [LUG] OT- Cheap Laptop

Michael Mortimore wrote:
On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 12:47:19 -0000, Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On the other hand, maybe a netbook might be an option?
I'll second the netbook option. I think they're a fantastic invention and as far as I've seen they have the added bonus of not coming with vista

LOL that has to be an advantage. Although from Christmas time they'll probably come with Windows 7, but hey at least it's not as bad as Vista, I wouldn't go as far as saying it's great, for instance it has some REALLY annoying 'features' such as not remembering my dual screen setup when I turn a monitor off, and having to mess about to get digital audio output over the SPDIF connection and analogue speaker output, but it certainly is an improvement on Vista (and quicker so far than XP). It certainly won't make me switch from Linux though and my next Media Centre PC will be a MythTV box (having tried Windows Media Center on both Vista and Windows 7, it just feels restricted). It's a shame that XBMC doesn't provide PVR features as that was my idea of a perfect Media Centre app.

Rob