Re: [LUG] OT- Cheap Laptop

John Hansen wrote:
Rob Beard wrote:
John Hansen wrote:
Our eldest granddaughter is hoping Father Christmas will bring her
a new laptop. I see Morrisons offer an Emachine with Windows Vista
for £279 which seem reasonable. However I know very little about
Vista as I use Kubuntu and Windows XP on my computers.

I wonder if any of you know a source of decent refurbished laptops
preferably in Devon/Cornwall.

John W Hansen (Bude area)

One of my suppliers deals with refurbished laptops, do you know roughly how much you're looking to spend?

On the other hand, maybe a netbook might be an option?

Rob

Rob,

Our granddaughter is partially sighted so a netbook will not suit her.

I suppose a couple of hundred pounds would seem reasonable.

I would be grateful for further news on the availability a laptop
in fact I may also want to buy one for myself.

John W

I'll see what I can find.

Ta,

Rob