Re: [LUG] Any LXDE users out there?

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009, Rhia Knowles wrote:

I came to one of your meetings one Saturday, kept missing the ones after I'm
afraid. Dont know if anyone remembers me but I was the girl who used to work
at Dtech?

Anyway I have just changed my DE to LXDE from Gnome and it working pretty
well, but there are a couple of little niggles I was hoping you guys might
be able to help me sort out.

1)When i log in it autoloads Firefox, at a nonexistant address of
www.%u.comI've tried changing the launch command in firefox.desktop to
remove the %u
after it but this still happens. I'd like to either fix the autolaunch or
just remove it all together.

Have you looked at the settings inside Firefox itself?

  Edit -> Preferences -> Main

theres a few things there about startup and what page to display...

2)Is it possible to add other applications to the panel then the ones the
menu offers? Eg Tomboy notes or some equivilent?

Not being a user of destops that allow files/applications, etc. to be stuck to them, I can't help here, but I'm sure someone can...

Gordon