Re: [LUG] Webmin on Linux.

Steph Foster wrote:
T Brownen wrote:
Thanks Steph
Is this recommendation on use or something else.
Thanks
Trevor

Personally I have always regarded Webmin as an exploit waiting to happen.

You only have to google for webmin exploits to see that.

I'd rather not have to keep watching the bugtraq lists to keep up to
date and worrying about unknown 0-day bugs

when the security of a system is involved.

Of course the GUI based nature of webmin appeals to many but I would
rather SSH to a box and do stuff on the command line.

It is a pain but if your box is important or mission critical I think
I'd accept the burden of learning the command line options.

Steph

HTTPS
Tom te tom te tom