Re: [LUG] dansguardian

Paul Sutton wrote:

Hi

is there a SIMPLE gui tool to help set up dansguardian on a local
compuer, I want to try and test it,

I found instructions but they looked kind of complex,  if we expect end
users to do this, they won't,  if we install ubuntu on a family pc it
would help to have some sort of content filtering.

A nice gui tool that is simple, does anyone know of anything.

http://blog.dipinkrishna.info/2009/07/howto-setup-squid-proxy-dansguardian.html

is too complex.

thanks

Paul

It's not complex at all, if I remember correctly it was a simple case of installing the packages and setting the proxy settings in Firefox to use Dansguardian proxy.

Doing a Google search though came up with this... http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=769671

Someone has done a GUI for Dansguardian on Hardy, not sure if it works on Intepid/Karmic.

You might also want to read through these instructions too (don't you just love the DCGLUG archive?):

http://www.dcglug.org.uk/archive/2009/06/msg00227.html

Rob