Re: [LUG] meeting

On Sat, 7 Nov 2009, Rob Beard wrote:

On 07/11/2009 21:09, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Sat, 7 Nov 2009, Paul Sutton wrote:

Just wondered how the meeting went today ?

We came, we met, had coffee, chocolate, etc. and I showed off my new e-book reader ;-)

A a nice little device it was. I see what you mean about the OLED screen being like a photo. Roll on nice big 32" and larger OLED screens at LCD prices I say.

For the benefits of everyone else...

The e-book reader isn't really an e-book reader, but a small embedded computing device with a 2.4" full colour OLED display.

It's a dive computer which I'm developing some software for - designed to be worn on your wrist while diving... After the list discussions recently, I decided yesterday tht it would be fun to write some rudimentary text display software for it and put a few paragraphs of one of my fvourite books into it... The limitation really is the screen size though!

Gordon