Re: [LUG] printer issue again

Hello again

I seem to have the same error again.
Stylus-D88 (Default Printer) "Missing %%EndSetup!"

This time, I can print from Kate, from evolution, and the "description"
removes itself, whilst a OOo job does not print. On rebooting, I can
print another OOo job, not the one I tried - which was an email
attachment, whether from the attachment directly, or from a saved
version. Perhaps this narrows the problem down a little. The previous
report of the problem was probably also a oOo .odt file. Now, after
printing others correctly it gives the message "error while printing"
when I try but leaves no file in the queue. Previously the unprinted
document was in the queue, but the printer was stopped - I could see no
way to restart the printer.

Sorry if this is a bit garbled.

I have now tried printing the document I created the other evening again
which did not print then - it gave the same message, yet another old
document stopped in the queue and another recent one printed - all from
OOo. This seems pretty inconsistent. I can still print a previously
successful document which then resets the default printer without the
"Missing %%EndSetup!". And a new test document.

Any clues? Is this a OOo problem?
--
james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk