Re: [LUG] no more free ubuntu cd's

Paul Sutton wrote:
Looks like canonical is ending the cd free for all

http://linux.slashdot.org/story/09/10/26/1536252/Canonical-Halts-Ubuntu-CD-Free-for-all

I can understand this in a way as it must cost them a lot of money to
send out cd's all the time.

it does look like ubuntu loco teams and first timers will still be able
to get them, so that is an incentive to keep the site up to date and
arrange related events etc.

Paul
Oh well, not to worry, it was good while it lasted. At least the ISOs are still available just like other distros so we can if we choose to burn off copies ourselves to distribute.

Rob