Re: [LUG] Possible Cornwall Meet...

Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Mon, 2 Nov 2009, Rob Beard wrote:

johnveryan@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Posted by "John Veryan" <johnveryan@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi, is anyone interested in an informal meet in Cornwall? I was thinking maybe somewhere around Newquay or Truro. I am very interested in meeting other GNU/Linux users near me.

Cheers,

John Veryan

Hi John,

That sounds like a great idea, personally I'm in Torquay so it's a bit far for me, but if I understand correctly there are a couple of members near to Truro. Your best bet is probably pick a place and a day (could be a cafe or somewhere on a Saturday or Sunday maybe), publicise it on here and then turn up. You don't usually even need internet access.

That's what Paul Sutton does for the LUG meeting in Paignton, sometimes the Paignton meeting might only get two or three visitors, but it can still be pretty productive.

I'll echo that - find a venue, FIX a date and time, then advertise it. Do not go down the route of asking people what day/time is best for them otherwise the meeting will never happen!

Truro is about 75 miuntes drive for me - still, if it's a nice day...

Gordon

I've just checked Google, over 2 hours for me. However if there was say a special event (like a special LUG day out maybe) then I'd probably try and get down (either when I get the car fixed/replaced, or on the train).

Rob