[LUG] Record time for ADSL install?

Maybe not, but phone line went live at 10am today and Internet was live at 5pm this afternoon...

I know that in-theory, you can do a simultaneous phone & ADSL provision but this involved 2 separate companies... (3 if you count BT!)

However this was due to a shocking cock-up by the phone co-op.... Client of mine wanted to cancel 2 lines of a 3-line incoming group, so asked the phone co-op, who are their line rental company to do so... Which they did. Then, a month later they cancelled 2 other lines - both of which had ADSL on them. First we knew was when I got notification from Entanet of a line cease - on Sunday afternoon which would cease their ADSL service.

And to cap it all, client is a school. If it hadn't been half-term, then I'm sure stress levels would have been much higher all-round.

Phone co-op managed to get the lines re-instated, but not until this morning and I pushed an expedited ADSL install via Enta. (Which costs a lot more, but they needed it)

So panic over, but not a good start to the week!

Gordon