Re: [LUG] voip webcast

Henry Bremridge wrote:
On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 09:27:05AM +0000, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Tue, 27 Oct 2009, tom wrote:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/10/27/voip_webcast/
Haven't watched/listened to it - I got the link yesterday because
I'd signed up to their VoIP whitepaper and answered their survey a
few weeks back. I wasn't at all impressed with it all - and they're
hardly impartial - having "Thus" on-board - a network and telephone
company!

What really irritates me about all of the surveys done by el Reg is
that they're firmly aimed at the corp-rat enterprise. I point this
out to them on every one I fill-out and have yet to have a reply
from them. For every corporate company there are 100's of SMEs that
just don't subscribe to that model of working - a big mistake to
ignore that part of the workforce IME.

I realise a lot of people like listening to videocasts etc but I do wish
that the companies could prepare written summaries. Failing which a
podcast that could simply be downloaded and listened to at leisure
But if you had written summaries then you wouldn't need 20Gbit broadband and then where would the economy* be?
Tom te tom te tom

*the economy is apparently someone else's bank account which has to be kept full at the expense of yours for some reason.