Re: [LUG] Old colour slides

On Thu, 2009-10-22 at 13:15 +0100, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> Julian Hall wrote:
> >>

> > Hi Neil,
> >
> > Just had this in my email:
> > http://www.gizoo.co.uk/Products/AvCommunications/DigitalCameras/DigitalFilmScanner2.htm
> >

> > Kind regards,
> >
> > Julian
> >
> Thanks, I've had a look but the software is Windows only. No surprise
> there then.
>
> Neil

I bought a scanner very like this, imagelab, the software etc only
mentioned windows, but it is a usb mass storage device. with my one I
can scan around 30 slides before the scanners memory is full then switch
to export mode and download to digikam.

If this one works on the same basis you don't need the software. So you
could try finding out if this one works in the same way.

Big draw back with my one is that I had to buy an expensive transformer
to run it with UK voltages.

this
http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/363501/digital-film-scanner-avalible-from- seems to
indicate that it will work with linux using vuescan and sane.

there also seemss to be a version
http://www.clickshop.com/search/index.php?search=veho
+scanner&brand_id=&form_submit=true&submit.x=0&submit.y=0&gclid=CNyg173p2J0CFVtm4wodhW6Zsg

which scans straight to SD card with no PC needed.

Simon