Re: [LUG] dont use chrome (or IE or Opera)

Michael Mortimore wrote:
On Tue, 06 Oct 2009 10:10:02 +0100, tom <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/10/05/fraudulent_paypay_certificate_published/
Tom te tom te tom
"The certificate is the latest to target a weakness that causes browsers, email clients, and other SSL-enabled apps to ignore all text following the \ and 0 characters, which are used to denote the end of a string of characters in C-based languages" Apparently we can't use C to handle windows file paths or numbers as text.

What it does like like to me is a really complicated problem that no-one in computing has ever solved - well everyone other than MS has actually solved it - its called buffer overflow! What is very worrying for all MS users (or should be) is the time taken to fix this problem. It should be quite simple, find the buffer, find whatever uses it, fix it. This seems to be beyond them for some-reason - lots of excuses about other programs being affected. It really looks like MS really have very little idea how their code works, how to write and maintain even small modules. I'll admit to being a lousy programmer - but never to being anywhere as near as bad as MS.
Tom te tom te tom
ps did you hear about the stock exchange.
hahahahahaowhahahahow - nearly ready for a full belly laugh!