Re: [LUG] 10th Anniversary party (idea at the moment)

On Sat, 2009-10-03 at 15:30 +0100, Rob Beard wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I was thinking earlier, since this October it's going to be 10 years
> since the LUG was launched, I wondered if it would be a good idea to
> have a party (and an excuse to drink lots of beer).  I've sent out a
> couple of e-mails about getting a custom Tux cake made at a local
> bakery, but I wondered if we arranged something (at the moment I'm
> thinking in Paignton) if there would be any interest?
>
> A couple of ideas chucked around included possibly doing a join Ubuntu
> release party and LUG party (I know not everyone is a fan of Ubuntu) but
> I was thinking we might be able to get some local media coverage and
> give out some CDs (and Linux branded fairy cakes) :-)
>
> As I say, it's just a thought at the moment.  Maybe we could possibly
> look at doing two parties, one for Devon and one for Cornwall to make it
> a bit more accessible?
>

> What does everyone think?

I'm up fora party type gathering for certain, and while Paignton is much
too far for me to normally travel for a meeting I think I might be able
to make it for a special 10th anniversary meet*

The date would be pretty critical this month more than normal though for
me so God and calendar willing, put me down.

If its a combined launch party then I may even have my Aspire One
running Karmic by then to bring... maybe.

*actually, I was sold at the mention of cake ;)
--
John Williams
My linux blog of notes and guides