Re: [LUG] OT w2k...

Rob Beard wrote:
tom wrote:
The missus has a W2K pro machine from her old job (all legit) that was part of her work domain. I wanted to make backup easier so, in a moment of madness, I made it join a workgroup so I could use samba and of course it wont let me log in now! I cant remember how to recover from this? Dont think I've got an install disk...
Tom te tom te tom

Might be worth trying this... http://home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/

It's a Linux based boot disc (can be booted from CD or Floppy, and I believe USB stick) and it can reset passwords on Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista and IIRC Windows 2003 machines.

I've used it in the past to clear admin passwords and it works pretty well. Usually it just resets the password to a blank password so you can just press enter at the logon screen to login and then create a new password.

Rob

Cheers - that did the job. Good job those sys admins hadn't removed all local users!
Tom te tom te tom