Re: [LUG] [Fwd: Google invites users to join Wave]

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 1:54 PM, Grant Sewell wrote:
> I have a Google Account. Why can't I sign in to Google Wave?Print
>
> Even though you have a Gmail or a Google Account, you must be invited
> to Google Wave in order to sign in. If you haven't been invited by a
> friend, you won't be able to use the service at this time.

I always think that's a rather smart marketing tool: it keeps the
thing "cool", while, at the same time, Google won't run into problems
if Wave turns out to be 10 (or 100) times more popular than they had
expected it to be.

>>From the article on the BBC's website, I'm not convinced I'm going to
use it though. For one thing, much as it is a 20-year-old technology
(sic) and much as it has it shortcomings, I still think email is a
very useful technology.

Martijn.