Re: [LUG] Mint 6 and Mobile Broadband

I can confrim that from my experience regarding Ubuntu and Mint and switching sat drives between Acer and Packard Bell Laptops at least is that in the case of Intel processors the machine appears to boot up normally regardless of which machine the drive was in when Ubuntu or Mint was installed.

The only point regarding the broadband  dongle is that it had previously been used in an XP machine, so would a brand new dongle set up on a mint machine in the the same way?