Re: [LUG] Pigeon beats ISP for data transfer...

Gordon Henderson wrote:
Telkom's stand alone ADSL services are available in 3 speed offerings namely:

    * Fast DSL up to 384kbps
    * Faster DSL up to 512kbps
    * Fastest DSL up to 4096kbps

Wow - they consider "fast" to be 384Kb/sec. Upstream is 128Kb/sec.

Gordon

Hmmm, maybe they're living in 2001?

I'd say 512kbps WAS fast back then when you'd upgrade from dial up, I never thought I'd need faster than 512kbps. In fact I probably don't need any faster for most things although I must admit I have been spoilt with faster speeds. I'm not going for the 50 Meg broadband from Virgin though, although it's only £8 extra a month, I can think of other things I'd rather spend the £96 a year on.

Rob