Re: [LUG] ldconfig ... is not a symbolic link

Adrian Midgley wrote:
> Setting up libvolume-id0 (0.125-7+lenny3) ...
> ldconfig: /usr/lib/libavcodec.so.0d is not a symbolic link
>
> ldconfig: /usr/lib/libXvMCW.so.1 is not a symbolic link
>
> ldconfig: /usr/lib/libmagic.so.1 is not a symbolic link
>

> Should I care?

Yes, it suggests your system is badly messed up.

The application will probably work despite these errors, but since I
assume you are running Lenny on the box, and these should be symbolic
links on a correctly installed lenny box something is badly wrong.

Most likely being you backed it up, restored it from back up, and didn't
preserve symbolic links.

In the absence of more details on what caused this problem, the obvious
suggestion is reinstall from trusted media.

My guess is every time you try and install or patch stuff it is going to
give more errors, and make life more miserable for you than it needs to be.

 Simon