[LUG] Fibrestream may bring fibre to communities who want it

Hi folks,

I found this linked from the ThinkBroadband.com site which I thought was
interesting.

Basically FibreStream are laying fibre in parts of Hull (just one estate
at the moment from what I understand) so content providers can provide
TV, Internet etc via fibre.

Now they are saying that they may bring fibre to other parts of the
country IF local communities can show that they really want a fibre
based service.  Doesn't say how much it is, but it might be a hope for
some communities who pull together to lobby for such a service.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, you can find more here:
http://www.fibrestream.co.uk/2009/07/11/helping-us-to-help-you/

Rob