Re: [LUG] Looking at all photos

On Tuesday 28 July 2009, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> I have a digital camera and put photos into my computer using Digikam.
> That's fine. I choose the ones I like and add them to my photo blog,
> after some work in the Gimp.
>
> Now the wife is moaning, saying that she would like sometimes to look at
> all the photos from a particular group, eg after a holiday or a family
> visit. Yes, she can see them on the tiny screen on the camera while the
> photos are still there. However, can she look at all of them please on
> her own computer just to see if there are some she would like to have?
>
> I guess the easiest way would be to put them on to an internet program
> somewhere. I have looked at coppermine, gallery2, kofeephoto and flickr.
> Can't decide yet, so I am asking for some suggestions from the list please.
>
> Anyone ......??
>
> TIA
>
> Neil Winchurst

A couple of weeks ago I saw an article on Tonido in the latest Linux Format
mag.  I need to share photo's with my 4 kids who are scattered to the 4
corners of the UK and this looked good.  You share as little or as much as
you want on your computer by installing and registering with Tonido which
gives a url for your computer.  Whoever you want to share with also installs
Tonido (it's available for Linux, MS and Apple), you give them your url and a
password and they can access a bit of your computer.

I installed and registered and then went on holiday so how good it is in
practice I don't know, but you don't have to upload any of your data, it
stays under your control.

George