Re: [LUG] MS Code in linux Kernel

Dave Foxcroft wrote:
> MS are trying to get their code into the Linux kernel!
>
> Take a look at this article
>
> http://www.linux-mag.com/cache/7439/1.html
>
> Needed to enable Linux to run properly under MS Hyper-V  - why would
> ANYONE want to do something like that :~P
>
> Dave

MS are trying to look open and also are trying to get their VM working
better.
They took some gpl'ed code and modified it so Linux runs better in their
VM. Someone spotted it and they had to release the code under gpl rules!

If your an MS customer and want to play with Linux, you can now run it
under Hyper-V and it will run badly reading NTFS disks etc etc etc so
Linux will look as bad as Server8 and not better.
You also get to run Linux on stuff without linux drivers for parts ...
And if you like what you see then presumably you have to pay MS client
licenses for any connections you make to the linux box.....

I can see why MS want to do it, I can see why a lot of their customers
would do it, I can see why a few others might want to see how linux runs
on some super dooper graphics card without a driver...
Its funny they got caught doing it!
Tom te tom te tom