Re: [LUG] Kubuntu manual - recommended texts

Rob Beard wrote:
> Paul Sutton wrote:
>>
>> tom wrote:

>>> I think its worth remembering that most books are out of date long
>>> before they hit the shelves.
>>> All you should need is something to tell you how to get online and then
>>> point you in the direction of the online stuff - of which there isn't a
>>> huge amount for some distributions - if I was in charge of something
>>> like Ubuntu I'd be paying a few people to get the on-line documentation
>>> up to scratch!
>>> Tom te tom te tom
>>>

>> I agree here,  however perhaps what they need to do for 9.10 or even
>> 10.04 is concentrate on fixing software that is not quite right, and
>> also writing excellent documentation to go with it.
>>

> What do you mean fixing software that isn't quite right?

bug fixing or improving how it works with other software.

> As far as documentation goes, it's always been something that seems to
> be lacking on any distro, okay some packages have better documentation
> than others.
>> Perhaps also have it in some sort of editiable online format, such as
>> wiki text, so people can go in and make corrections / updates etc.
>>
> You mean like the Ubuntu wiki?
>
> http://www.ubuntu.com/community/participate/wiki

Hmm I will take a look,

paul

- --
Paul Sutton
www.zleap.net
Support Open and ISO standard file formats ISO 26300 odf
http://www.odfalliance.org
Meetings 1st Saturday of the month - Shoreline, Paignton from 3pm
Software freedom day 2009 - Saturday 19th September 2009