[LUG] Investment Monitoring & Tax Return Programmes etc

I have for many years used Updata's Fairshares programme for
monitoring various investment portfolios. However Updata is
planning to discontinue supporting the software and have no
plans to provide a Linux version.
Similarly TaxCalc which I use for our tax returns can not be
used on a Linux computer. I have no wish to file our returns
online so HMRC's software is not an alternative.

I am sure someone will suggest I use Wine or the like but I
like a simple life (@ 75+) so I am looking for Linux programs
that will do what Quicken, Fairshares and TaxCalc do very
well for me on a Windows XP pc.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

John W Hansen
(kubuntu 9.04)