Re: [LUG] eNum ... Comments?

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 08:41:37PM +0100, Rob Beard wrote:

> I'm in two minds myself.  I'd like to see how other people get on with
> it before I'd sign up.

So:
- I provide my phone number to a "directory"
- Unlike TPS I cannot opt out of telesales and unlike a regular phone
  line calls will come in from everywhere, ie not only from within the
  UK but directly from overseas as well

Thinking out loud:
- Easier to be contacted for business calls
- Spam will be a pain in the neck
- Whitelisting will work but prevents calls from strangers

Questions:
- Is it possible for all non Whitelisted numbers to receive a voicemail
  challenge response: eg "please press 123 if you wish to get through" or
  please press the number corresponding to the first letter of the
  alphabet"
- Is it possible to cross-link email blacklists to VOIP senders?

I think I would be willing to sign up but I would like to see
some sort of antispam system in place and have some idea of how much
spam will end up getting through

--
Henry
Photocopies or faxes of my signature are not binding.