Re: [LUG] a strange format for a digital journal

On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 21:02:26 +0100
james kilty <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello james,

> I did wonder if that was the case. It does not save. Way off standards
> compliant - I am amazed how FF can interpret it.

Because it follows the maxim "be conservative with what you send, and be
liberal about what you receive." perhaps?

Although, of course, if everything was standard compliant, that would be
unnecessary.

> > I didn't find it hard to navigate at all, nor was it constantly
> > downloading stuff.
> Well, I have to zoom out to read it and zoom in to find the next page

TBH, I didn't actually read much of it.  Some of the text was a little
small, but still legible.  To me, at least, wearing my glasses.

> button or use the cursors. The message "transferring data from
> source.pagesuite.com" is permanantly there.

Didn't see that.  Hang on.....

Yes, it's there.  However, there's no more than the normal activity shown
on my router's lights.

> I wondered if there was anything constructive I could say to the owner
> - if this is the only way a journal can be viewed without the
> possibility of extracting it - perhaps nothing.

As has been pointed out by others, in reality, flash is overkill for
this.  Straight HTML would suffice, and be far more readable, to boot.

--
 Regards  _

Life goes quick and it goes without warning
Bombsite Boy - The Adverts