Re: [LUG] DNS and Domain Purchasing

Anthony Williams wrote:
> Brown Richard wrote:
>
>> Thanks for all the help on the previous issue. I have been using
>> Fasthosts to handle my domain purchasing and dns server but after a
>> few of the comments I figure it is time for a change. Someone
>> recommended godadday but also said they're cheap! Any ideas for any
>> others please?
>>

> http://www.1and1.co.uk provide cheap, reliable domain purchasing and DNS
> services. They also provide hosting, but I've never used it.
>
> Anthony

I have several sites with 1 & 1 and can confirm that they are both cheap
and reliable. The only problem that has occurred in over seven years was
an account lock out due to a customer attempting to connect via SSH to
an account package that didnt have such access.

IMHO reliability seems to be lacking with a lot of the cheaper
companies, especially so with those that sell a lot of bulk 'reseller'
packages.

Dave