Re: [LUG] ENUM

On Saturday 23 May 2009 21:58, Richard Brown wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> Anyone heard of enum please? A fad or something worth investigating
> please?
>
> <http://www.nominet.org.uk/enum/>
I personally think this will be an unmanageable  fad - were in the mesolithic
when it comes to telephones and IP is more late iron age. Telephone numbers
are an historical artifact with less inherent usefulness than domain names
and pass into the filled in ditches of wired connections.
I can set myself up as Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and recieve VOIP wherever I am
in the world if I can get online and anyone can call me. 0800347000 will
never leave the UK (or US) and most other telephone systems...
Tom te tom te tom