[LUG] Offline Files in Linux

Hello,

I may be missing the blindingly obvious here (probably!) but the one feature I do like in Windoze in Offline Files (although you have to pay an arm and a leg to get a Version which supports it).

I know that it is simply a cache of files which are copied off the Network before close down but it is the seamless facility of having a particular drive and its files available when you are not connected to the Network (thinking of Laptops here by the way).

Is there a way to replicate this functionality in Linux? – I am aware of Synching tools such as RSync but not sure that quite fits since wouldn’t the drive be different when offline?

Regards,

Dave.