Re: [LUG] OpenOffice 3.1 released

On Friday 08 May 2009 16:25, sam tarling wrote:
> Anyone tried it? Whats it like? PLEASE tell me it hasn't gone Word
> 2007 ribbon-y!
ribbon-y ?don't know what that means. I use linux so it wont polute my menus
etc.
I have no need for a word processor - other than a good HTML editor.
I have very little need for a spreadsheet
I have no need for an image sequencer/bad animation setup (or whatever you
call impress and similar.
The drawing package is just as bad as it was
Base seems to be the same - I'd like an Access equiv but its not there by a
long shot.

Seems to be just another wannabe imitation of something that people shouldn't
be using in the first place!

Office software: the red flag walking slowly in front of your computer.

At least OO doesnt drag you to the cashpoint every five minutes.
Tom te tom te tom