Re: [LUG] Epson DX4400 and SANE.

On Mon, 4 May 2009, jon.davey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi everyone. I noticed that there was a thread about sane and scanners here
> recently so if I'm going over old ground can someone point me to those
> threads.
> I'm running Ubuntu and am trying to get my scanner working. I have installed
> SANE and the drivers for the scanner/printer but when I try to use Xsane it
> says it can't find a scanner. What should I do?

I suspect Neils answered your question, but some time back when I had a
lot of slide/negative scanning to do, I bought a copy of vuescan..

http://www.hamrick.com/

Maybe sane's caught up by now, but for things like image correction,
dust/scratch removal, etc. it was well worth it before using GIMP to do
the finising touches.

Gordon