Re: [LUG] EFF sues apple

On Saturday 02 May 2009 14:53, Richard Brown wrote:

> >> I do believe whilst the offence might be considered minor and
> >> therefore worthy of a challenge doesn't this open up the obvious
> >> problem of posting an article about say making a bomb and driving it
> >> into some building to kill a load of people.
> >
> > 1. Making your own explosives is not illegal..
> > 2. Learning to strap items down securely is not illegal..
> > 3. Learning to drive is not illegal..
>
> Ok not a very good example but according to American standards the
> offence is illegal. So by your response you must think Apple is right.
I get the impression whats happening here is nothing to do with intellectual
property - what Apple is saying is you buy this thing from me you can only
use the way I say. Now to me thats not buying thats renting - in which case
any faults problems etc should be repaired by apple for as long as they try
and restrict my use.
If I'm not making a profit out of their work - and for personal use I'm not
then they have no say over what I do, or to whom I discuss how to do it.
Tom te tom te tojm