[LUG] Warning - Any Mandriva Users Out There!!! A Rant.

Hi All,

I used the Distro Upgrade option to Upgrade my X31 laptop from 2008 to the new version (Spring 2009) and afterwards, neither the mouse or keyboard would work, leaving me unable to log in.

Info on the net indicates that this has happened tp other users as well, mainly those using older kit.

From being a big Mandriva fan, I am now very disillusioned with them and will be re-installing with Ubuntu or Kubuntu 9.04 which I used, installed on a pen drive to rescue my data. I find it appalling that a distro upgrade would be pushed through to users with what is obviously such a major bug. I would have understood a few minor issues but not something like this that made my laptop totally unusable.

Perhaps Mandriva are copying Microsoft - perhaps they should have uncluded a BSOD with their latest upgrade!

Some affected users are saying that the latest version of Mandriva won't work on older hardware. If this is true, what use is that? A very 'Recession Busting' approach!!!

I would be interested to know if any other members have been affected by this and your thoughts?

'Very Annoyed' of Sticklepath