Re: [LUG] Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty) is now available

M.Blackmore wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-04-23 at 15:57 +0100, Rob Beard wrote:
>
>> Anyway, it can be downloaded from here:
>> http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download
>>

> Check out university mirror sites - many are open to non uni members
> like Oxford's and I downloaded all 6 or so (variations) of CD ISO's in 1
> hr 45mins last night from it whilst couldn't even get a page up for a
> canonical site!

That's not too bad going, I presume you're on an ADSL connection?

I was estimated 5 minutes per ISO from Virgin's mirror earlier although
that is working on the assumption that the download limits don't kick in
(which no doubt it would do during the day).

Rob