Re: [LUG] Scope for business was Re: new computer store in torquay

Henry Bremridge wrote:

> I quote
>
> "The details you submit will be sent to us by unencrypted email via the
> Internet. This means that complete confidentiality is not possible
> because we cannot guarantee the security of the Internet."
>
> I can suggest the solution but I am damned if I could set it up let
> alone integrate it with the back office

I recently switched to ordering repeat prescriptions online (over HTTPS).

I order via the pharmacy, and they contact the doctor, so possibly the
solution to this already exists and doesn't require them to do anything
especially technical.

A friend recently complained about a similar service to the kipps one.
Where the patient types in what they need, there will always be (more)
errors in name and dose. Indeed he noticed that whatever he types in the
dose field he always gets the right pills, so now orders his tablets in
parrots instead of milligrams. I'm somewhat concerned about his attitude
here.

My provider gets the repeat list from the doctor, and you just tick the
boxes applicable. They are also delivered to your door which saves a lot
of time.

I think their dispensing team should be very afraid.