Re: [LUG] open office viewer

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009, Tom Potts wrote:

> I've just put out my wind generator
> http://www.100297.itsosbroadband.co.uk/Inverter/Sushi%20Bar%20Generator.html

Have you seen this:

   http://hardware.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/04/19/2022214

English summary of original article here:

   http://www.lowtechmagazine.com/2009/04/small-windmills-test-results.html

Personally I'm not convinced about wind generation on a small scale. Small
wind generators are noisy, although if I do find an old one from a yacht
I'll grab it for my garden to power the garden lights (or to charge the
lead acid battery that'll power the lights and maybe my laptop) My garden
is some 50m away from my house...

It's not very windy where I live anyway... Wet, but not generally windy...

Gordon