Re: [LUG] anyone in kingskerswell ?

On Mon, 13 Apr 2009, Paul Sutton wrote:

Henry Bremridge wrote:
On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 09:54:08PM +0100, Paul Sutton wrote:
just wondered it may make a good venue for a lug meet, I could e-mail
them but thought I would ask here, just in case someone could go in and
check it out, and get an idea on cost.

http://www.kingskerswellpubhall.btik.com/p_Hire_Rates.ikml

Raymont Room - £5.00 Hr Regular Hirers
             - £5.50 Hr Occasional Hirers
                  (inclusive of heating, lighting)
Main Hall - Occasional Hirers £8.00 Hr

Website shows photos as well

Thanks for that.  Looking at that if I need 200 quid deposit, then its a
NO to being able to hire the room in my name.

Kingskerswell is not that far from Paignton though, so I'm not sure if there would be an advantage moving from the shoreline cafe for meetings in that neck of the woods. I sort of like the cafe atmosphere there too, although I suspect it's going to get much busier as the grockle season progresses...

Thinking of other places - I'm going to a business networking event in Sowton on the 7th - the Fresha Cafe: http://www.fresha.org/cafe/ Sowton is easy to get to from a lot of directions and is fairly central and I know my wife has used it to hold ad-hoc business meetings - I'll find out a bit more when I'm there if anyone's intersted..

Gordon