Re: [LUG] Mobile broadband

2009/4/5 John Hansen <whitover@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I have unsuccessfully tried using an USB modem with T-Mobile
> on my EeePC. I note that other mobile companies also disown
> Linux. Is there one that works with Linux?

The TMobile one works perfectly for me with Ubuntu (NetworkManager
Applet 0.7.0). Just plug in and go.
I know someone uses 3G one on a netbook.
Try booting with it plugged in first - though I don't need that.

--
Steve Lee

OSS Watch - supporting open source in education and research
http://www.oss-watch.ac.uk