Re: [LUG] Vista UDF file on Ubuntu 8.10

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 4:57 PM, Henry Bremridge
<henry.bremridge@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> How do I mount a vista created dvd on Ubuntu?
>
> I have seen on the web:
>
> - repatching the kernel. This I have not done yet
> - changing /etc/fstab so that the command is
>        /dev/hdc        /media/cdrom0   auto user,noauto     0       0
> - manually mounting the drive using mount -t udf /dev/.....
>
> Any solutions gratefully received

Last time i looked the answer was, you don't. MS changed the UDF file
format on Vista and it did not appear to be supported. Hopefully at
some point the kernel udf driver will support this new format.

Saying that, the disk is still readable using recovery programs, so if
its a CD full of jpegs, a jpeg recovery program can extract every jpeg
of the CD, but it will not know the original name or file structure.

Robin